Tuesday, January 26, 2016

FAITH

Faith.
 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
We all have a measure of faith.  Some more, and some less. We have faith that the sun will rise and set, that when we breath our lungs will fill with air, and that when we take a step the ground will not fall from underneath our feet. Though it may not always feel that way. Especially when we take a step of faith. But really that's when it starts to get fun.
When Matt and I said yes to being the ministry directors out here at Eagles Nest Ranch we were not just stepping out in faith, we were leaping out in faith. Or at least that's what it felt like to me. One of my greatest fears in all of this has been having to raise our own financial support.  I enjoy being comfortable. I feel safe knowing that my husband has a good job and will bring home a pay cheque that we will pay the bills with, buy groceries and live a good, safe, fun life with. And this was the way I liked it. because the God of the universe who spoke everything into being certainly couldn't provide us a home without that, right? Because the God that owns the cattle on a thousand hills wouldn't want my family to have good food to eat right? And because the God who arrays the lilies would certainly not provide clothing for us right? WRONG! I was choosing to listen to fear instead of His reassuring, loving voice that was asking me to trust Him.  Once I realized what we were being asked to do was becoming a reality, I new i needed to repent of my fear and trust Him with our finances...along with everything else. It also brought reassurance realizing that if this whole ENR thing was His idea, and if raising our own support was His idea then he will provide. He has...and He is and we believe that He will continue to. He knows what we need before we even ask, and sometimes we don't even have to ask because He simply enjoys loving on His kids. For example: I wanted to get Josiah some hockey skates this year so I could teach him how to skate. My plan was to look on kijiji. When I mentioned it to Matt he said he thought he had seen some in the basement of one of the buildings. I figured there was no way they would be in good shape, and not the right size. Again I was WRONG! They were in great shape and fit J perfectly! God you are so much fun!
I've been feeling lately like I have been immersed suddenly in this school of faith.  I have faith for things I never have had faith for before and believing for the impossible to be the possible. A couple of weeks ago He told me to stop praying out of fear and start praying out of faith. So that's what I'm doing. I'm checking my heart, asking, seeking and knocking for anything and everything that we need.
  I believe that all of the supplies, staff etc. that we need for this beautiful anointed place is just waiting somewhere to be called out or called down. I'm refusing to limit my limitless God. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment